1770's Polonaise Progress Report

My Polonaise is coming along and it finally looks like something wearable! I can't say how much I love this fabric, which is a reproduction print I bought online from Colonial Williamsburg. Isn't it fantastic?!

This has been a fun project so far, and even though I'm not taking a historically accurate approach with my sewing methods (I machine sewed most of it and did a topstitch by hand to make it at least look a little more accurate) I think it's looking pretty good and I'm down to just a few more steps before it should be finished.



Here's what I have left:
  • Hem the skirt
  • Add ties and buttons to hold up the skirt
  • Add the sleeve ruffles
  • Add trim


When I went to cut my fabric I realized I had forgotten to purchase extra for trim. *facepalm* I'm not quite sure at this point what I'll be doing to remedy that, but since there's so many colors in the fabric I should have a lot of options. I'd also like to add a ruffle to the hem of my green petticoat, but alas I had less fabric than I thought and don't have enough to trim that either. Clearly I thought this out really well...

I've been photographing and videoing the making of this dress, so as long as the photo's/footage looks good you should be seeing what has gone into making this sometime after it's all finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Wig Head Tutorial!

The Making of Alice | The Apron

Jedi Food Capsules {A Tutorial}