Victorian Undergarments

12/04/2014

I (mostly) finished my Victorian under garments. YAY! I'll probably need another petticoat and I still need to get some longer ribbons for my chemise and 2nd petticoat drawstrings. But I'm off to a good start!

So the last few weeks I've been working on a second petticoat for over my Truly Victorian bustle. I drafted my own pattern based on Truly Victorian 107, which surprisingly turned out really good since I pretty much drafted the whole thing with math (which I'm not very good at).

The chemise and drawers were drafted with a tutorial from The Sewing Academy. I ended up putting a drawstring neckline thought so I could adjust it for the Wishing Dress neckline.

I also finished my first corset! I drafted it with this tutorial. Over all I think it turned out pretty good for my first completed corset. The back has a bit of space but I think that's because I laced it myself. I could definitely get it tighter if someone else was doing the lacing.



















You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow, it looks great! I found that if you lace it so, right at the spot where your waist is, there are two loop holes it helps a lot. Sort of like this: http://www.rivithead.com/articles/corset-laceing.html
    Except that, if you make it a little lower than right in the middle, it will be more at your waist.
    By doing it with the thumb holes, you can hook your thumbs in and get a lot of leverage. And then you cross it in the back and bring it around, like what you did in the picture. I just thought it was helpful to have the thumb holes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's actually is how I did it, but I just kind of looped it around and then pulled it to the front. It's so much easier to lace using that technique. :D

      Delete
  2. Wow! Girl, you are super talented! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete