The Packing Gown {Petticoat}

2/09/2014

I have officaly started working on the real Packing Gown! YAY! I finished the mock up for the underskirt/petticoat a while ago and I bough the fabric the other day.  I ended up getting 4 yards of dark blue broadcloth and 3 yards of blue tulle. I used pretty much all of the broadcloth but only about a yard of the tulle.

Because I don't have a serger I zigzagged the edges of the ruffles. It turned out good, it just took a bit of time. Though it went a lot quicker that if I had double folded the edges.


The finished petticoat! To put it in the words of Han Solo "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it count's!". It ended up taking less ruffles than I had originally thought it would.


And here's the "bustle". Again, it doesn't look that great, but it does it's job.


Other than needing to clip a few loose threads, the petticoat is done. I'm super excited to be working on the actual costume and not just the mock up!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great Job Tiana, you are a very talented lady.
    Love Grandma Margie

    ReplyDelete