Posts

Showing posts from December, 2013

2013 in Review + 2014 Costume Plans

Image
This year I've made three costumes and learned so much about costuming. With each costume I learn so many new things. No matter what happens, even if the costumes don't turn out right, I still learn a lot and I learn more skills to put into my next project.
I thought it would be fun to do a post with the costumes I've made this year and also post the costumes I hope to make next year. I've seen other costume bloggers do this, and I think it's a really good idea. To get things started, here's the costumes I made this year.
 For May the Fourth I made Aunt Beru's outfit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones. Although this costume isn't perfect, I've learned a lot from it. Someday I would like to re make this costume in more accurate materials.
Then in the summer I (mostly) made Marion Ravenwoods costume from Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark. I still have a lot of embroidery to do on this, which hopefully I'll be getting to soon. :)
Then I'…

It's Christmas!

Image
Merry Christmas everybody! I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas like I am.

Packing Gown Mock up Progress

Image
I made some major progress on my mock up for Padme's Packing Gown this week. I'm so excited to see it all coming together! I made the under vest mock up this last weekend and then I also have made some huge progress on the under skirt and and skirt mock up.
Here's some pictures of the under vest. I haven't gotten to the sleeves yet, as you can tell. It has three pieces of boning in the front and then there are a total of four pieces on the back. There isn't a lot of information of what goes under the costume, so I was left to come up with a lot by myself.
When I was looking at others costumes, I saw someone did a lace up back for the under vest. I decided that that would be the best way to do this, so I did. This was my first time using grommets and it went well. They're pretty easy to use. For the mock up I only used twelve (six on each side) but when I made the real one I want to put a few more on each side. I still don't know for sure how may I will do.