Danielle de Barbarac Completed Costume Pictures

Finally, I'm posting pictures of my Danielle de Barbarac costume I made for halloween last year! YAY!

These picture's don't include the arm bands because they're a pain to put on! They also need a little bit of work on them.










We took a few pictures of  me reading an old book and messing around with an apple.

I chose a French book since she lives in France. :)



Now when I look back on this costume there are so many things I would do different! My skills and knowledge of both historical costume and sewing techniques has grown tremendously.

I would also like to someday create an apron for this costume, but who knows if I'll actually ever do it!

Progress on the Marion Top

After about 5 different mock ups I finally got one that I liked. I was originally going to do just a drawstring peasant top but then decided I wanted to do the whole sha-bang. The shirt I have now is much more accurate. I finished the mock up at the end of last month and made the pattern a week or so ago. The material I'm using is a white gauze from Jo-Ann's, and it's so perfect!

While I was tracing out the pattern, Doji thought it would make a nice bed. He love's it when I make my room a mess with my sewing projects!

I've got the shirt all sewn up with everything hemmed and right now I'm tracing out the embroidery, which there is a lot of!



That's it for now!